CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

KATYDIDN'T DID IT FOR ME!



Parents, grandparents, teachers, children’s pastors and homeschoolers of all ages are going to love Colleen Reece’s new children’s book Katydidn’t.

I have been involved in Christian education for over 20 years and consider myself to be pretty particular when it comes to Christian children’s literature. I found Katydidn’t to be a breath of fresh air. This book should be read in Sunday school classes, children’s church, Christian schools, homeschooling book clubs, mothers’ laps and in grandmas’ rocking chairs. I can see little ones’ spirits being opened up by this delightful story because they will begin to grasp the importance of seeing how our responses can help or hurt our relationships. Katydidn’t is like a mirror reflecting what every child has felt or said. What I liked best is the creative lesson in conflict resolution Ms. Reece ends with. She took a negative response and transformed it into a positive one. She is an author we can trust to help shape the small souls in our lives.

Throw in K.C. Snider’s colorful illustrations and you’ve got a ‘Blue Ribbon’ book. Her pictures are guaranteed to capture the attention the wiggle worms in your life.

I hope this dynamic duo will team up again because I know it will be another winner for sure!

2 comments:

Nicole weaver said...

Dixie,
An absolutely wonderful review. I love how you pour your heart in all of your reviews. Great job, very inspiring.
Nicole
http://outskirtspress.com/nicoleweaver

Cheryl said...

Great review Dixie! I loved this book. I plan to pick up a copy for our Sunday school classroom because we have several siblings attending.

Cheryl

TC&TBC

Total Pageviews

Hee Hawlelujah!

Baby Jesus is Missing

Stubby's Destiny

One Noble Journey

Angel Eyes

Give Your Author a Kiss Month

Cinderfella and the Furry Godmother

Book Sneeze

I review for BookSneeze

Rated G

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Site

Stilts the Stork is here!