CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

About Me




For my blog today, I thought I would share a little bit about myself. I’m hoping after you read this, you’ll feel as if you know me a little better.

Tidbit Trivia about Me

I have been a pastor’s wife for more than 30 years. My husband, Paul, and I have four married children, two grandsons, one granddaughter, and another grandson expected to arrive in September.


My husband and I are the promoters of a two-day, all-day southern gospel sing. Over 30 groups from various states come to our little town in Floyd, Iowa.

I enjoy penning inspirational gospel songs.We have been honored to serve the Gospel Lighthouse Church in Floyd, Iowa, for 30 years and Lighthouse Academy for 23 years.Our son John gave his daddy a kidney on June 12, 2008. It was a defining moment in our lives. We realize more than ever before why today is called the “present.”


I love tea parties with my girlfriends and enjoy spending as much time as I can with my husband and family.

My Writing Journey

I have loved to write since I was a little girl, but I the first time I was paid to write was in the early ‘80s.


I am inspired by real people who stare adversity in the face, raise their shield of faith, and help others find their way safely through the landmines of life.


I was fortunate to have two godly grandmothers pour into my life as a little girl. They helped shape my small soul. I find my grandmothers’ influence in every story I write.

A Peek Behind the Scenes

My children’s story One Noble Journey is a story inspired from my own childhood experiences. My maternal grandmother lived in a poor neighborhood called Oak Park. Any of the property in this poverty-stricken location was considered of little value because the lowlands caused frequent flooding. Many who lived on high ground considered Oak Park to be a thorn in the side of their fair city, but this attitude didn’t faze Grandma. She had a heart oozing with God’s love and she was determined to help the neglected and forgotten children of Oak Park. Her home became a soup kitchen, barber shop, and homeless shelter. If anyone from her neighborhood had a problem, they knew they could count on Grandma to help them. She housed frightened children and battered wives. After many years of listening to various problems over a hot cup of coffee and a slice of her homemade pie, Grandma became a seasoned counselor. Most people understood her mission, but there were some folks who were prejudiced against her simply because of where she lived. In my children’s book One Noble Journey, the timeless truths I learned from my grandmother’s life are woven throughout the story.


Two cultures collide in the tiny village of Westbury, when an orphan girl from the lowlands, the daughter of a Count from the highlands, and a baby raccoon become friends. One Noble Journey is utterly compelling, highlighting the negative power of prejudice and the positive power of God’s love and acceptance.

Why I Write for Children

I enjoy helping shape small souls for Jesus and transplanting smiles on the faces of children.

Where can readers purchase a copy of my books?

Autographed copies of my bookscan be purchased directly from me by emailing me at Phillips4Him@omnitelcom.com or you can order my books at www.amazon.com, www.barnesandnoble.com, and www.guardianangelpublishing.com.

Future Stories

I plan to continue writing stories that shape small souls for Jesus. I believe the seeds of influence from my books will live longer than I do and produce a harvest of wisdom and help ignite a vibrant faith in the heart of child, which will change a generation and time my eyes will never see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dixie,

You are an amazing woman, and an amazing writer. You give me so much to aspire to, maybe one day I will be able to thank you in person for your kindness and compassion. Thank you.

Thank you
Jaclyn

Dixie Phillips said...

Jaclyn, you are soooo sweet. I send you loving hugzzzzz for your words of affirmation. I see the SON in your eyes.

Total Pageviews

Hee Hawlelujah!

Baby Jesus is Missing

Stubby's Destiny

One Noble Journey

Angel Eyes

Give Your Author a Kiss Month

Cinderfella and the Furry Godmother

Book Sneeze

I review for BookSneeze

Rated G

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Site

Stilts the Stork is here!