CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Resolutions



Yesterday we sang beautiful Christmas carols in our services. Oh, the depth of some of the lyrics. They were absolutely profound! Let me share a few with you.

How silently, how silently, the wondrous Gift is giv’n;
So God imparts to human hearts the blessings of His Heav’n.
No ear may hear His coming, but in this world of sin,
Where meek souls will receive Him still, the dear Christ enters in.


Come, Desire of nations come,
Fix in us Thy humble home;
Rise, the Woman's conquering Seed,
Bruise in us the Serpent's head.
Adam's likeness now efface:
Stamp Thine image in its place;
Second Adam, from above,
Reinstate us in thy love.


Heaven came to Earth yesterday in our services.... As we touched Heaven, Earth was changed. As we sang these timeless carols, I couldn't help but reflect on HOW SILENTLY God's wondrous GIFT was given.... How just a few humble souls didn't miss His coming.

I thought of how the Old Testament speaks of the Temple being built WITHOUT THE SOUND OF HAMMER..........

I thought of how there was "NO ROOM" at the inn, but the BABE born in the stable cries out, "WHOSOEVER WILL MAY COME...." and "IN MY FATHER'S HOUSE ARE MANY MANSIONS.... I GO TO PREPARE A PLACE FOR YOU."

And like Moses we all need to endure as seeing HIM who is invisible.....

We walk by faith and not by sight.......

I wondered how many times I "MISSED" opportunities JESUS might have sent my way... Were the clamoring voices in my soul sooo loud that I missed HIS STILL SMALL VOICE?

I decided to not wait until New Year's to make some resolutions...... I'm making Christmas resolutions.

I'm going to PRACTICE HIS PRESENCE more this Christmas and when I am in touch with HIM.... He makes me sensitive to the needs around me. There are certain lives HE wants my life to touch.... We can change the world one soul at a time.

Shhhhhhhhhhh! Did you hear that? It's Him..... The REASON FOR THE SEASON......

I don't want to miss a single assignment HE has for me.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

Mayra Calvani said...

I also love Christmas carols, Dixie. They can be so uplifting and magical.

Total Pageviews

Hee Hawlelujah!

Baby Jesus is Missing

Stubby's Destiny

One Noble Journey

Angel Eyes

Give Your Author a Kiss Month

Cinderfella and the Furry Godmother

Book Sneeze

I review for BookSneeze

Rated G

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Site

Stilts the Stork is here!