CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Grammy Award



I have so many precious memories of my grandmothers. Both my paternal and maternal grandmothers loved the Lord. They came from two completely different doctrinal backgrounds, but each had a vibrant faith. (This probably explains why I am a Heinz 57 Christian.) There's no doubt about the permanent and eternal "footprints" they have left in my heart. And not a single day goes by that I don't think of them and remember some tidbit of wisdom they gave me.

My maternal grandmother loved music. She enjoyed singing while she worked around the house. I have her to thank for knowing so many timeless hymns. She sang the glory down while scrubbing pots and pans. She never skipped a verse of a hymn. So that means all of us, who were fortunate enough to be in her home, learned all the verses, too. Grandma also had a large stack of gospel records that she played every day. When I was a little girl I never realized the impact her music had on me, but yet to this day when I hear one of "Grandma's" songs, my eyes fill with tears.

Grandma often sang about heaven and how Jesus grew sweeter each day. I remember the Speer Family singing one of Dad Speer's old classic - "Sweeter Each Day."

I have a Savior who loves me I know.
He guiding and guarding wherever I go.
He walks beside me along the bright way.
His love grows sweeter each day.

Sweeter each day.
Sweeter each day.
His love grows sweeter along the bright way.
Sweeter each day.
Sweeter each day.
His love grows sweeter each day.

If you are burdened with sin's awful strife.
Just come to the Savior, He'll give you new life.
Then you can say as you travel the way.
His love grows sweeter each day.





I'm a grandmother now of two of the most precious little boyzz - Tristan and Easton. We are expecting our third grandchild in May. I had the wonderful opportunity of babysitting our grandsons today. As I rushed around, tending to the wee ones, I had a blast from the past. I remembered being at my grandma's house when I was a small child. In my mind's eye, I could see the kitchen table, Grandma's favorite chair and my special drawer. But most of all I remembered my Grandma's soft, silky hands and how she prayed for me.

As I rocked our little men today, I had a greater understanding of my grandmother's love and her prayers for me. I closed my moist eyes and thanked the Lord for giving me such wonderful grandmothers and adorable grandsons. They are priceless! And I pray that I can mirror the love of Jesus to our grandchildren like my grandma did to me.

3 comments:

Connie Arnold said...

That's so sweet, Dixie! How wonderful to have those precious memories of your grandmothers and now to be a grandmother yourself with those precious little ones who are absolutely adorable! Someday they will have their special memories of you as well.

Dixie Phillips said...

Thanks, Connie. You are always soooo supportive. I appreciate your kind words. God bless you, my friend.

Truly His said...

You were born to write...What an inspiration you are, marmee! I love you...forever.

Total Pageviews

Hee Hawlelujah!

Baby Jesus is Missing

Stubby's Destiny

One Noble Journey

Angel Eyes

Give Your Author a Kiss Month

Cinderfella and the Furry Godmother

Book Sneeze

I review for BookSneeze

Rated G

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Site

Stilts the Stork is here!