CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Rock on a Fence Post



Paul and I will celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary this year. We can hardly believe it. I often tease, “How can we be married 35 years when we aren’t even 30 years old?”

Paul is a country preacher. His sermons and life are filled with humility and simplicity. Each day as he leads our family and congregation with a servant’s heart, you can’t help but notice his authenticity. I guess that’s why the Gospel Lighthouse Church in Floyd, Iowa, has kept him as pastor for 31 years.

When Paul and I take little drives through Iowa’s country roads, we’ve often spied a rock on a fence post. Without fail, Paul replies, “You know that rock didn’t get there by itself.”

It’s so true. Many of the blessings and successes the Lord brings our way have come through others. The Lord brings people into our lives, establishing precious eternal friendships that the gates of hell cannot prevail against. As Christians, we should rejoice every day at the faithfulness of our Lord. He knows our phone number and where we live. He is in the business of making divine connections for His children.

In my own life as a writer, I reflect often on my own “rock on a fence post” experiences. Working with a precious team of writers at Christian Editing Services has been a tremendous blessing in my life. The writing assignments I have been given through C.E.S. have led me to amazing people and doors of opportunity I would not otherwise have had.

The next time you spot a rock on a fence post, take time to thank the Lord for all the divine connections He is making for you. Trust Him to work behind the scenes with your writing. He will give your stories wings and send them to wherever they are supposed to go. Just be sure to remember when you arrive at your divine destination to give God the glory and appreciate the precious friends He sent to help you along the way, because you didn't get there by yourself.

2 comments:

Rita Garcia said...

I always enjoy learning a little more about you. I'll remember to watch for a rock on a fence post and think of all the divine connections He has blessed me with! I'm thankful that we are connected on fb. Hugs!

Dixie Phillips said...

Rita, the Lord is soooo good to give us divine connections. I can't thank HIM enough... ;-)

Total Pageviews

Hee Hawlelujah!

Baby Jesus is Missing

Stubby's Destiny

One Noble Journey

Angel Eyes

Give Your Author a Kiss Month

Cinderfella and the Furry Godmother

Book Sneeze

I review for BookSneeze

Rated G

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Site

Stilts the Stork is here!