CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, November 17, 2008

When it Pours, God Reigns





(This was a devotional I wrote when our son gave his father a kidney on June 12, 2008 and our daughter was expecting our first grandchild... only to discover it was an ectopic pregnancy.)


A sudden flash of lightening lit up the dark sky. Nebulous clouds hung low, as the thunderclouds clapped. I peered out the window and watched the rain cascading down in sheets. The stormy weather mirrored the tsunami that raged in my soul. The ones I love are hurting and sick. Haunted by fear, the accuser of the brethren mocked me. Falling on my face I cried, “Jesus, I believe. Help my unbelief.”

The Holy Spirit ministers to my anxious soul. He whispers, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

I’m reminded of the story in the Bible when Lazarus’ sisters sent an urgent word to Jesus. “Lord, the one whom you love is sick.”

Faith begins to rise in my heart. I make a feeble attempt to speak. “You cared for Lazarus and his family and you care for us.”

“I see every sparrow that falls to the ground.”

“And You see us….” I choke.

“I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.”

A sweet presence sweeps over my being. I know whom I have believed and He is in the midst. A holy stillness envelops my restless spirit, as His loving arms embrace me. Suddenly, it doesn’t matter what tomorrow holds because I know who holds tomorrow. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. We will walk by faith and not by sight.

“Peace be still.”

A peace that passes all understanding soothes my fears. Our family’s circumstances haven’t changed yet inwardly I am not the same. He didn’t calm the storm, but He calmed the storm in me.

I watch as the rain continues to splash to the ground. This eternal truth wells up in my soul. When it pours, God reigns!

2 comments:

Kimbra Kasch said...

Thanks for popping by. I'm surprised - over 30 years.

Mayra Calvani said...

Touching post, Dixie. Thanks for sharing.

Total Pageviews

Hee Hawlelujah!

Baby Jesus is Missing

Stubby's Destiny

One Noble Journey

Angel Eyes

Give Your Author a Kiss Month

Cinderfella and the Furry Godmother

Book Sneeze

I review for BookSneeze

Rated G

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Site

Stilts the Stork is here!