CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sins of the Spirit

The older brother was angry and wouldn't go in. Luke 15:28a NLT

Lord, today I was angry. When friendship was extended, I responded coolly. I felt justified. After what "she" had said, I had a right to treat her that way. Who does "she" think "she" is making such condescending statements? I haven't done anything to deserve her cruel comments. In the long run, this will teach her a valuable lesson -- her behavior is unacceptable. I will not reward such dysfunction. After all, her attitude is totally despicable and it goes against the teaching in Your Word, Lord. I certainly don't want to enable her. I've settled it once and for all. I am right. No doubt about it. There is no need in my discussing it any more. I am positively........ positively miserable.

"Why am I in such unrest, Lord? How is it possible that I can I be right and yet be so wrong?"

In the depths of my soul, I discern "I" am part of the problem. "I" am like the prodigal son's older brother, who wouldn't go in because of his diseased soul. The Holy Spirit's diagnosis -- sins of the spirit; a spiritual malady, which can render the patient powerless to love. Many times manifestations can be masked and difficult to detect, but only for a short time. If not given the biblical antidote of love and humility, the disease can spread to vital organs of the body.

Symptoms include:
Polite coolness when friendship is available
Consumed with proving your point
Touchiness, sensitivity
Needing to persuade others to embrace your point of view
Loving your opinions more than you love people

I whisper a prayer, "Forgive me, Lord. I'll righten my wrong. Life is too short for me to feed this grudge. Now where is my cell phone? I need to call and check on my friend."


"Angel Eyes" and "Stubby's Destiny" Reviews


I received an e-mail from Heidi Strawser. She reviewed "Angel Eyes" and "Stubby's Destiny." To read her review just go to http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/ReviewsbyHeidi/620152/

Enjoy,
Dixie

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Hee Hawlelujah!

Baby Jesus is Missing

Stubby's Destiny

One Noble Journey

Angel Eyes

Give Your Author a Kiss Month

Cinderfella and the Furry Godmother

Book Sneeze

I review for BookSneeze

Rated G

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Site

Stilts the Stork is here!