CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mirror, Mirror Off the Wall





Bezalel made the bronze washbasin and its bronze stand from bronze mirrors donated by the women who served at the entrance of the Tabernacle. Exodus 38:8 NLT

It must have been a great sacrifice for some of these women to give their bronze mirrors to Bezalel. For some, it possibly meant never being able to see their reflection again.

There are days that I feel Jesus is asking me to give my mirror to Him. There seems to be a “Call” from Heaven that is pleading to look at myself less and to fasten my eyes upon my Savior more. It’s not as easy as it seems. Giving my mirror to Jesus means that I can’t always be looking out for “me”.

There are days I fail. I clutch my mirror like a toddler clinging to his favorite blanket and insist on keeping it. On those days I am most miserable.

But there are other days that I take the mirror off my wall and give it to Jesus and a miraculous transformation takes place. I see life so much clearer. I begin to sing –

Since my eyes were fixed on Jesus.
I’ve lost sight of all beside.
So enchained my spirit’s vision,
Looking at the Crucified.


I will begin today by taking my mirror off the wall and giving it to my King. Maybe there is someone that I can love for Jesus today.

“Mirror, mirror off the wall.
Today I give to Christ my all?

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Hee Hawlelujah!

Baby Jesus is Missing

Stubby's Destiny

One Noble Journey

Angel Eyes

Give Your Author a Kiss Month

Cinderfella and the Furry Godmother

Book Sneeze

I review for BookSneeze

Rated G

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Site

Stilts the Stork is here!